The Alumni Funded Scholarship
Tilburg School of Economics and Management aims to attract the world’s brightest students to its international classrooms. Through the generous donations made by TISEM Alumni and Friends we are delighted to offer several need based merit scholarships for our Master’s programs.
What are the benefits?
- Tilburg School of Economics and Management will waive the difference between the non-EEA tuition fee and the EEA tuition fee for selected students with no financial sources from non-EEA countries who are not entitled to pay the EEA tuition fee.
- For the academic year 2017/2018 it means that the waiver covers the difference between the non-EEA tuition fee (€ 14.500,-) and the EEA tuition fee (€ 2.006,-).
- Beside the tuition fee waiver you will receive a monthly allowance towards your living expenses.
- This scholarship is not meant for currently enrolled Tilburg University students.
- Application for the scholarship is open for prospective MSc students with strong financial needs, starting their studies in the academic year 2017/2018.
- Students can come from all non-EEA countries, provided they would be charged the non-EEA tuition fee.
- Additionally, the school may strive for a certain distribution over the continents.
- Applicants cannot be recipients of any other scholarships in that same academic year.
- The scholarship will be awarded for the nominal length of the MSc program, which is one year for all programs.
- Please note that students starting their program in February are not eligible.
- Holder of a non-EEA passport only;
- Excellent academic record.
- Excellence for applicants is proven if the average grade over the entire program at the time of application is at least the equivalent of the Dutch grade of 8.0 on the scale 1-10.
- Students belong to the top 5% of graduates from their class;
- If applying for a Business Master a GMAT score of at least 675 is required – also for applicants from schools and/or programs exempt for GMAT for admission;
- If applying for a Master in Economics or Econometrics a GRE percentile above 85 for the quantitative section is required - also for applicants from schools and/or programs exempt for GRE for admission;
- Proof of English proficiency – IELTS/TOEFL/Cambridge Proficiency;
- Two letters of recommendation by a Dean, Professor or Academic supervisor;
- The quality of the application as a whole (completeness, accuracy, consistency).
Please note that we can only take a scholarship application into consideration if it is complete and meets all of the requirements. This includes a minimum GMAT or GRE test score.
To apply for the Alumni Funded Scholarship you should:
- Check if you fulfill the criteria as mentioned above.
- Complete the Scholarship Application Form.
- Upload the Scholarship Application Form in our online application system MYSAS, together with your application for the Master's program before the scholarship deadline of March 1st, 2017.
What happens next?
- After March 1 the Scholarship Selection Committee will make a shortlist of all scholarship applicants.
- Shortlisted students will receive a notification before April 15th, 2017.
- If you have not heard from the Admission Office regarding your scholarship application by this date, it means that you have not been shortlisted.
- Please note that the shortlisted students should be willing / able to hold an interview by phone in April.
Students are disqualified if:
- They have dual nationality;
- They provide false information. Admission will be terminated immediately and all the payment received must be refunded;
- They are the recipient of any other scholarship in that same academic year.
Further information: Learn more...