Applicants must be enrolled in a PhD programme and have shown the ability to conduct research on developing economies. Preference will be given to candidate living or work in developing countries and who are at later stages of the PhD. The PhD Internship Programme gives registered doctoral students an opportunity to utilize the resources and facilities at UNU-WIDER for their PhD dissertation or thesis research, and to work with UNU-WIDER researchers in areas of mutual interest.
Applicants must be enrolled in a PhD programme and have shown ability to conduct research on developing economies;
- Candidates working in other social sciences may apply but should keep in mind that UNU-WIDER is an economics-focused institute;
- Candidates should be fluent in oral and written English and possess excellent quantitative and qualitative analytical skills;
- Preference is given to applicants who are living or working in developing countries and who are at later stages of the PhD.
UNU-WIDER provides the following:
- Travel grant to cover the costs of travel to and from the location of your PhD granting institution;
- Medical insurance (for medical and hospital services resulting from sickness and accident during your stay at UNU-WIDER);
- A monthly stipend of EUR 1,600 to cover living expenses in Helsinki during the period of their internship.