Türkiye Scholarships The Balkans Undergraduate Scholarship has been developed for the purpose of supporting successful and idealistic students wishing to study at an undergraduate level in Türkiye.
The Balkans Undergraduate Scholarship is intended to be utilised by citizens of Albania, Bosnia Herzegovina, Bulgaria, Croatia, Montenegro, Kosovo, Macedonia, Serbia, Slovenia ve Greece.
Türkiye Scholarships will be allocated regionally. However, the number of scholarships granted to each country will not be decreased below the number of scholarships allocated in the years before, provided that candidates meet success criteria.
WHAT DOES THIS SCHOLARSHIP COVER?
The Turkish Scholarships provide the students studying in Türkiye with wide opportunities. With the scholarship granted to you, you can matriculate at a University and utilize the health services of that University without making any payment. In addition, a specific amount of scholarship fee is put into your bank account every month. This amount will be enough to continue your education and enjoy the social facilities in Türkiye freely. Meanwhile, you are provided with housing opportunities as well. Moreover, this scholarship does cover the Turkish language education provided for you before starting your University program and your round trip flight ticket from your country to Türkiye.
WHO CAN APPLY?
Candidates applying to the Balkans Undergraduate Scholarship shall meet the following requirements:
- Applicants must be a citizen of Albania, Bosnia Herzegovina, Bulgaria, Croatia, Montenegro, Kosovo, Macedonia, Serbia, Slovenia or Greece. (Anyone holding or ever held Turkish citizenship can not apply for the Scholarship)
- Applicants must have already graduated or are highly likely to graduate in the present academic year, from a secondary educational institution equivalent to that of Türkiye.
- Applicants have to have been born after 01.01.1991, and no earlier than this date.
- Applicants must not have been granted an undergraduate scholarship by a Turkish government institution.
- Students who are currently studying at a university or a vocational college in cannot apply for the scholarship.
- Applicants must have at least 60 % points from one of the academic criteria specified the following table.
- DIPLOMA GRADE
- GENERAL AVERAGE GRADES RECEIVED UNTIL THE LAST TERM (Cumulative GPA)
- UNIVERSITY ENTRANCE EXAM GRADE (IF ANY)
- HIGH SCHOOL GRADUATION EXAM / BACCALAUREATE GRADE (IF ANY)
- INTERNATIONAL TEST SCORE (IF ANY)
- OTHER ACADEMIC ASSESSMENT SCORE
HOW CAN I APPLY?
You can apply via the web addresses www.turkiyeburslari.gov.tr / www.trscholarships.org / www.turkiyeburslari.org or through The Turkish Embassies or Consulates in your country. Candidates intending to apply via the addresses www.turkiyeburslari.gov.tr / www.trscholarships.org / www.turkiyeburslari.org can easily complete their applications through The Turkish Embassies or Consulates or via mail can complete their application through submitting the required documents to the relevant representative offices until the end of the day of deadline related to application-making period.
- Application form (provided at the end of this Guide)(Can also be obtained from the Embassies/Consulates or from www.turkiyeburslari.gov.tr / www.trscholarships.org / www.turkiyeburslari.org
- Copy of high school diploma or document indicating that the candidate is a high school senior student,
- Certified high school transcript (indicating courses taken and relevant grades of the candidate),
- Copy of a valid identity card (Passport, Birth Certificate, etc.),
- 1 passport photo.
SCHOLARSHIP APPLICATION DEADLINE: 01 June 2012
Further Scholarship Information and Application