The Ministry of Education, Science and Sport of the Republic of Slovenia Bilateral scholarships for the academic year 2020/2021
The Ministry of Education, Science and Sport of the Republic of Slovenia (hereafter referred to as the "Ministry") hereby offers the number of scholarship months to foreign nationals, on the basis of bilateral agreements (between the governments/ministries) and reciprocity with the following countries: Bosnia and Herzegovina (18), Bulgaria (14), Greece (10), Hungary (16), India (24), Israel (27), Italy (20), Japan (12), Mexico (24), Montenegro (18), Poland (46), People’s Republic of China (72), Republic of North Macedonia (36), Russian Federation (16), Serbia (18), Slovakia (20), Switzerland (12) and Turkey (9).
Scholarships are awarded to applicants nominated by the competent authorities of eligible countries
The study mobility may last from 3 to 10 months depending upon the bilateral agreement and its specifications. Majority of the applications are approved for study mobility in a form of short time study mobility or research visit (i.e. they either attend non-degree courses of their choice, or pursue an independent research activity at the host institutions, depending on their qualifications and preferences). A part of postgraduate study is based on individual works under the supervision of Slovenian professor/mentor.
In compliance with the applicable legal regulations, decisions on admission to research or study mobility are taken by the higher education institutions. Applicants are therefore obliged to contact the selected university directly and request a Letter of Acceptance from the relevant department. When communicating with the chosen university, all students need to make the institution aware of the fact that they are applying for a scholarship award under the bilateral agreement.
All applicants should indicate the preferred period of scholarship in their Application form. The Ministry reserves the right to change the requested term of scholarship and/or place any applicant to a course and/or higher education institution different from those indicated in his/her scholarship application form, if admission as requested by the applicant is not feasible.
The scholarship cannot be awarded for a complete course of study leading to a degree. Neither can the scholarship be granted for any Slovenian language course. Furthermore please note that tuition fee cannot be covered from this scholarship!
The nominations (main and reserve list) and application documentation of applicants needs to be submitted to the CMEPIUS by the relevant authorities (usually ministries of education or government agencies) of eligible countries.
- copy of ID card or passport (page with the photography),
- one Letter of recommendation for study stays or two Letters of recommendation for research stay from applicant’s home institution,
- copy of diploma and/or certified transcript of records,
Should you need some further advice or information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or Slovenian Embassies in eligible countries.
The scholarship is awarded upon the decision issued by the Ministry. The applicants and the respective authorities will be notified by CMEPIUS in May/June 2020.
There is no legal claim to the scholarship award.
The scholarship is not transferable to another person.
While having this scholarship students can’t receive Erasmus, CEEPUS or any other European Union funded scholarship.
For the academic year 2020/2021, the scholarship comprises of:
- 300 EUR* per month - the amount is periodically reviewed and adjusted each January*
- free accommodation in the facilities (student dormitory) of the Student Centre of the Universities (paid by CMEPIUS directly to provider)
- Subsidised meals - 2,63 EUR/per working day via Student Organisation of Slovenia
- basic medical insurance for non-EU applicants if there is no bilateral agreement on health insurance between Slovenia and the applicant’s home country (paid by CMEPIUS directly to provider)
- List of all accredited higher education institutions and study programmes in the Republic of Slovenia is available on the web-site of the SQAA – Slovenian Quality Assurance Agency For Higher Education
- All information and documentation (application form, Letter of Acceptance, …) are available on following web-site
For additional information send an e-mail to email@example.com.