The University Twente Scholarship (UTS) is a scholarship for excellent students from both EU/EEA as well as non-EU/EEA countries, applying for a Master's programme at the University of Twente.
- Become one of the most promising UT students.
- Exclusive opportunity to take part in an intake for one of the three honours programmes: Research honours, Design honours, or Change leaders.
- € 3,000 - € 25,000 for one year (approximately 50 scholarships available). If you have applied for a two-year programme, make sure you read the information about two-year study programmes below.
- Have a look at the overview of the estimated costs of living in the Netherlands (excluding tuition fees).
Please note: This scholarship is meant as a compensation for study related costs. It is up to the scholarship student to decide how to spend the money. No costs (e.g. tuition fees) will be paid on your behalf.
Country of Origin
- EU/EEA Countries
- Non-EU/EEA countries
Level of study
Qualifying Master Programmes
- Applied Mathematics
- Applied Physics
- Biomedical Engineering
- Business Administration
- Business Information Technology
- Chemical Engineering
- Civil Engineering and Management
- Communication Studies
- Computer Science
- Construction Management and Engineering
- Educational Science and Technology
- Electrical Engineering
- Embedded Systems
- European Studies
- Health Sciences
- Human Media Interaction
- Industrial Design Engineering
- Industrial Engineering and Management
- Internet Science & Technology
- Environmental and Energy Management
- Mechanical Engineering
- Methodology and Statistics for the Behavioural, Biomedical and Social Sciences
- Philosophy of Science, Technology and Society
- Public Administration
- Science Education and Communication
- Sustainable Energy Technology
- Systems and Control
Two-year study programme
In case of a two-year study programme, students can receive an additional UTS of an amount equal to that in the first year to cover the expenses of the second year. However, the scholarship will only be continued during the second year when students meet the process requirements for the UTS.
You must have obtained:
- An average grade of 7 (out of 10) at the end of the third quartile of the first year
- At least 50% of European Credits at the end of the third quartile of the first year
Deadlines for application
Opens per: 1 February 2018 / Closed per: 1 May 2018 (for programmes starting September 2018)
You can only be awarded with one UT scholarship. If you have been awarded with an UT scholarship in the first round, you cannot receive additional funding in the second round.
Requirements for application
In order to be eligible for a the University of Twente Scholarship, you should meet all the requirements below
- Application for an UT scholarship is a procedure separate from the application for course entry at the University of Twente. Regardless of funding, you will need to gain an admission letter first.
- You have been (provisionally) admitted to one of the qualifying UT Master programmes starting in the academic year 2018/2019 (September). Please note: After completion of your application, it may take up to 8 weeks before you receive the results.
- You must have a studentnumber.
- You have not graduated from a UT graduate programme;
- You comply with the conditions for obtaining an entry visa in the Netherlands (if applicable);
- You comply with the general English language test requirement Academic IELTS 6.5 (or TOEFL iBT of 90) and an additional 6.0 (TOEFL iBT 20) on the subscore of speaking skills
- You are not eligible for a Dutch study grant;
- The University Twente Scholarship is a scholarship for excellent students. Typically this means that you belong to the best 5 to 10 percent of your class
Please note: The UTS is not available for Dutch and/or current UT students. This programme is also not available for Master's programmes at the Faculty of Geo-Information Science and Earth Observation (ITC).
Two additional scholarships can be awarded to UTS recipients (only for programmes starting in September 2018):
You need to apply for a University of Twente Scholarship (UTS) in order to be eligible for a Kipaji Scholarship.
These scholarships have additional requirements. Please make sure you check the information of these scholarships.
Further official scholarship information and application / Learn more...